even zombies have guidelines
Rules for a safe and happy apocalypse.
- Use the “haunted house” rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
Please do not push, shove or run into anyone. Keep your hands to yourself and be polite. Use common sense.
- Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations! Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
- Do not scare people that are not participating in the event. People are there to enjoy the event. Don’t ruin it for anyone.
- If your walk is anywhere near streets or roadways, stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it’s OK to “break character” and cross quickly. Think fast “New Dawn of the Dead” zombies verses the slower “Old Dawn of the Dead” zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
- Do not block traffic. Drivers will be urged to drive slowly but always use caution while crossing streets and alleyways.
- No drugs. Drugs are not permitted at this event.
- No alcohol unless it is permitted (some bars may have extension of premises permits, etc.) Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the bars and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
- Alcohol is not permitted at this event UNLESS clearly stated at designated bars, and events. Please have your photo I.D. ready and understand we have no control over a bar or event denying you adult beverages.
- No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. This includes smearing fake blood, banging on windows, etc. Pretend the location of the walk is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This event is something that could become a tradition, so we don’t want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching (along with the police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let’s put on a good show.
- PLEASE DO NOT SMEAR OR SPILL FAKE BLOOD ON WINDOWS, SIDEWALKS, ETC. This adds up to a very expensive clean up and could make future events impossible. Please, keep your blood to yourself.
- Do not damage property. Be respectful to businesses and home owners in and around the area of the event. Please do not smear makeup, fake blood etc on any property.
- No functional weapons are allowed. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume however all costume weapons must conform to state and federal law. Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable. Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver. Functional projectile weapons (think Nerf and Airsoft guns) must be disabled and unloaded.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn. Security will remove any attendee that does not follow these basic rules.
- If the weapon is steel, such as a sword, it will NOT be permitted in the building.
- Aiming, brandishing, pointing, etc, any and all weapons at other attendees is not acceptable.